June 26, 2011

ABC's of Metal: my take

Last year a poster started making the rounds with the ABC's of metal by Aye Jay. Very cool. But not my history. Not the choices I would have made. I'm sure we each could make one that fits our liking. Here's the one I created, made up of my favorite bands & respected trailblazers...

NOTE: the title at the bottom of the piece uses Black Sabbath logotype for the "ABC's" portion. That's my touch. 
 
How many can you guess correct out of 26? The key, or "legend", is in the comments.

UPDATE: 
Proud to say Scott Ian of Anthrax "endorses" my version. On January 3, 2012 he tweeted that his infant son is learning the alphabet with the help of my graphic. He's got good taste. Cheers to the next generation of metalheads.


1 comment:

  1. A – TestAmenT
    B – Black Sabbath
    C – Malevolent Creation
    D – Iron Maiden
    E – Megadeth
    F – Six Feet Under
    G – Danzig
    H – Hatebreed
    I – Every Time I Die
    J – Judas Priest
    K – Kiss
    L – Slayer
    M – Metallica
    N – Napalm Death
    O – Motorhead
    P – Pantera
    Q – Quiet Riot
    R – Korn
    S – Sepultura
    T – Twisted Sister
    U – Motley Crue
    V – Van Halen
    W – W.A.S.P.
    X – Anthrax
    Y – Obituary
    Z – Ozzy

    ReplyDelete