June 14, 2011

Pantera Reunion

If there ever was to be a Pantera reunion with the remaining original survivors, I still maintain there is only 1 guy who could play guitar: Zakk Wylde. Zakk has the chops and could actually perform Dime’s solos (as opposed to every other jagoff that covers Pantera songs live and chickens out on the solos). He was Dime’s best friend, he can live up to Dime’s boozing and he would appreciate the significance. The only choice.

Side story:
Kicking myself for not going to Dime’s final full show. Damageplan played their last show in my local Buffalo. A small little club. They played for 2+ hours and jammed Pantera songs. He died onstage the very next night of course during the first song of the Columbus Ohio show, December 8, 2004.

I thought about going to the Buffalo show but didn’t go because I heard the Damageplan disc and wasn’t really into it. I wish I had gone. However I did get to see Pantera live in all their glory twice. Good shit.

No comments:

Post a Comment