June 7, 2011

Two Reverends are better than one.

Saw this show about 5 weeks ago. I had seen Reverend Horton Heat for the first time in Sept. 2009 (playing in front of Motorhead – who I was there to see). Never heard RHH before.

I was blown away. Been a fan ever since and I wanted to see them again. When I heard they would be coming back my way, I was pretty sure I’d be there. Then I saw it was a double headlining show with Reverend Peyton’s Big Damn Band. A friend of mine had seen Big Damn Band 2 or 3 times. He said the live show was awesome. He got the CDs and I borrowed them. Now I was a fan. Seeing them live at this show was amazing. So Damn talented. Drums, washboard and a six-string guitar that Rev. plays as the guitar AND the bass.

Have YOU ever seen a washboard solo? How about a flaming washboard solo? Maybe you should check them out live – and you’ll see.  

Both bands are killer. The concert was great.
Here’s an album track from each band.  



And some video I took of the Tralfamadore Café show in Buffalo, NY...

 


No comments:

Post a Comment