UPDATE: the following was a link to download a mixtape I put together. But for some reason little ol' me has come under fire recently and have had a bunch of my blog posts targeted as copyright violations. So I've taken down the link. So check out the list of songs that I deem as good, but that you can't hear here, but that you can find in a million other places on the Internet. For the most part we are talking about underground fucking music here. And let's be fair - it's one band or one management team or one stupid fucking label that telling BLOGGER to pull my shit down. I don't know which band. So fuck your street teams that are scouring the Internet to pull down music for bands that SHOULD be dying to attract new fans based on the glowing praises of REAL fans like me. What the fuck ever.
Here’s the second of many future Bitchin’ Mixtapes. No rhyme or reason as to the frequency that I’ll post these – or the mixture of heavy and non-heavy, old and new.
MIXTAPE: Bitchin’ Mixtape Vol.2
01 - Afro-Punk – Shackle
02 - Tool - Hooker With A Penis
03 - Helmet - Crisis King
04 - Prong - Take It In Hand
05 - Thrice - In Exile
06 - Red Hot Chili Peppers - The Greeting Song
07 - Tardy Brothers - Fate's Call
08 - Cannibal Corpse – Gutted
09 - Obituary - Memories Remain
10 - Danzig - Soul On Fire
11 - Profanation - Barbaric Death Metal
12 - Motley Crue - Primal Scream
13 - Ozzy Osbourne - S.A.T.O.
14 - Bad Religion - Wrong Way Kids
15 - Viking Skull - Doom, Gloom, Heartache & Whiskey
16 - Elvis Presley - Mystery Train
17 - Malevolent Creation - Pursuit Revised
18 - Band Of Horses - The Funeral
19 - Alice In Chains - Bleed The Freak
20 - Samhain - Death... In It's Arms
21 - Turmoil - These Bridges
22 - The Mavericks - Foolish Heart
23 - Kids Like Us – Snitchblade
24 - Metallica - Crash Course In Brain Surgery
25 - Ray Lamontagne & The Pariah Dogs - New York City's Killing Me
26 - Dick Dale - Peter Gunn
27 - Bitter End - Guilty As Charged
28 - Hatebreed - Through The Thorns
29 - Suicidal Tendencies - Pledge Your Allegiance
30 - Integrity - Abraxas Annihilation
- Tool – Hooker With A Penis: “F-u-c-k you buddy! F--u--c--k you buddy!” ‘Nuff said.
- Helmet – Crisis King: That whole “Aftertaste” album is great. This is the best song. Some songs fit this category – and this nails it: this is a great driving in the car song.
- Thrice – In Exile: mellow awesome. Thanks JS.
- Chili Peppers – The Greeting Song: my favorite Peppers song of all time.
- Tardy Brothers – Fate’s Call: Sounds like Obituary? That’s because the singer and drummer are brothers that play in another band.
- Corpse – Gutted: the death godfathers. With the godfather singer. Bass-heavy as hell.
- Profanation – Barbaric Death Metal: my favorite song by this band. Read and hear more on a previous posting on this site.
- Bad Religion – Wrong Way Kids: from their latest. Can’t you just hear the chorus live in a club with 1,000 chanting it in unison?
- Viking Skull – Doom, Gloom: the riff! My god the riff! And that kick in at the :25 mark. So killer.
- Band of Horses – The Funeral: another mellow awesomer from our good friend JS
- AIC – Bleed the Freak: yep, this is what you forgot when you forgot about AIC. Wake up. Rest in peace Mike Starr.
- Metallica – Crash Course: one of my top 5 all-time Metallica favorites. I know it’s a cover, and I know they didn’t really produce it. And that they just threw it together, but you see what happens when you don’t over think it too much? The bass AND guitar both come through loud and clear. So heavy.
- Ray LaMontagne – NYC is Killing Me: wow. This song is so strong. Can’t wait to hear this at the cabin in the woods with a can of High Life in one hand, a Clint Eastwood cigar in the other and BBQ sauce all over my face.
- Dick Dale – Peter Gunn: If you can’t appreciate Dick Dale, you don’t like guitar-based rock.
- Suicidal Tendencies – Pledge Your Allegiance: ST! ST! ST!
If you like the bands – support them and buy their music.