December 17, 2011

MIXTAPE: Pantera - By Texans Be Driven


With a sick singer from New Orleans. Love Pantera. In my opinion this band changed metal. And I’m not talking about the guitarist named Diamond. It is what they did to transition a vocal style that went from Halford and Vince Neil (high-pitch screaming in key) to a rougher style that became the new norm from the early ‘90s to today. It’s since changed again to the Keith Buckley Every Time I Die style vocals popular today in younger metal bands. But this band was huge. I saw them play live three times.

It’s been 7 years (December 8) since their guitarist was senselessly murdered on stage by some sick asshole. Time has not diminished the band’s power. Here’s to them – and some of my favorites by the band. Enjoy.


Edits are my edits – used to improve the song, keep listener interest high and/or shorten in an attempt to get more songs played at a party. Don’t like it? Buy the original.

No comments:

Post a Comment