Over. Finished. Done. Gone. Out.
Posting 14 kick ass Mixtapes over 24 hours was a test. Getting a grand total of about 20 downloads - message received. Not re-upping anything. Cheers.
June 8, 2015
Ok I’m finished. Pull up your pants and get out of here. Or am I?
- Nails – really doesn’t get much heavier than this. Melt your face to this.
- Mariachi – I celebrate their entire catalog and this is far and away their very best song – from their latest.
- Obit – legends. simply put – simply riffin into our hearts. Find out why they rule.
- Windhd – sooooo into this band. This song is very upbeat for them and I think it’s stunning. Here’s my edit (cuz I just don’t like super long songs)
- Janis – never understood what the big deal was with her, but then again I never heard her. Then I recently watched the theatrical release movie of Woodstock 1969 and this performance was featured in the film. Wow. So damn powerful.
- Hoover – trip out to this – a track I heard in the background of Hangover 3 and just had to get.
- ThinkNo – clearly influenced by Zep. Clearly.
- Pailhead – Ministry mainman side project with Ian from Minor Threat from mid ‘80s
- Looking for an Answer – all I ask for is godamn riffs that move ya. This delivers.
Now this is just getting embarrassing. A blatant flaunting of grotesque quantities; the very epitome of American greed and excess. You should be ashamed of yourself.
- Prims – is it Lalaploseme ’93? No but it might as well be. Fire up the 12-string time machine.
- Zombina – stumbled onto this and dug it. You will too if you like ‘60s horror/surf/rockabilly.
- MOD – sorry to hear Billy just announced he’s done touring and doing music. A truly in it for the fun kinda guy. Here’s one of his best.
- Biohzd – ok here we have me giving this band’s arguably best album the Kielbasage dice up mix o rama treatment. Don’t get too in the pocket on a riff cuz I’ll switch it up on you and you’ll just look silly. Step to the rhythm of the Brooklyn beat.
- Victim of the Void – ok, we’ve isolated it. I love this sound!
- Toxic – yet another bonus track that is as good or better than the album tracks. “but it doesn’t fit the ethos of the album concept…” Fuck that!!
Hey everybody! I’m big Tom’s son! He’ll fix everything so I’m allowed to be a moron!
- QueensR – yeah I’m old. I’m crotchety. I only like the way things used to be. About certain things anyway. Like this band.
- Countress – throat ripping vocals that work beautifully over a bed of nails.
- Palehorse – I defy you to tell me this doesn’t make you bob your head with a pissed off scowl on your face. Try it.
- Unsane – the vocals build like Patton doing The Crab Song live. Then that weeping guitar cuts you at the 2:02 mark.
- Coliseum – told you this new album was great. Go git it. Go on, git!
- Floyd Dak – reminds me of Wayne Cochran – in a good way.
- Patti – I love 60s esque soul singer women.
Guess what Billy? I’m back and I want yooooou.
- Prong – still got it. Just not as much.
- Twisted – this is my favorite TS song. Kinda (just kinda) reminds me of the chorus of Maiden’s Aces High (released same year).
- Buddy – this is probably his most ‘punk’ song. Not very studio polished so maybe he never properly finished it in studio. Perfect.
- Lf Agony – Great band. Great singer. I love her work. And this song slays.
- Prodg – fuck yeah they are back. Go rave it up.
- Traitor Crucifix – underwear so crusty it walks to the washing machine and the washing machine runs away. Crunchy too.
- BlitzK – the very band Metallca covered on Ride the Lightning. But this is a new album. Pretty solid.
- Chuck Berry – He’s just the coolest. He’s 88 years old now. This was when he was a bit younger. Crank it.
- Godflh – new. Awesome. Nuff said.