June 7, 2015

MIXTAPE: Bitchin’ Mixtape Vol.29



Just getting started. Go.

Track listing (click for larger view):

Liner Notes:
  • Thrax rediscovered this 1985 album. This song is great. Love me some Joey.
  • Toxic – nearly every song on this album is great. Modern thrash classic.
  • Al Green – cuz this song is just so badass.
  • Vol – finally got to go thru their discography. Now I know what all the fuss is about. Great band. Great voice. See for yourself the fuss.
  • Everly – gold. Simply gold.
  • Malice – what riffs. What throat ripping vocals. Rip some shit up dude.
  • Sacred – I was soooo into this band in and after high school. None of my friends were though - Losers. These are thrash legends. Unique as hell voice on Phil. Killer logo. I had a one of their shirts. Wish I still had it.
  • Cease – yeah this isn’t heavy at all. Jesus.
  • Kow – A Godflesh cover. Nuff said.
  • Rollin – went back and rediscovered his catalog too. This was later stuff but a real gem. Dare I say you can dance to it like you are in detention in The Breakfast Club.
  • Matt G – been a huge fan of this Canadian songwriter since the mid 90s. He lost his way a bit with songs that are too slow a few albums back, but this track pulls me back to his rocking roots.
  • Buddy – killer rock pioneer. So prolific too.
  • BC – this is a great album and this is a great example why.
  • Buddy – this song can only be described as tender. Find your tender side.
  • Sub Rome – I was a huge Sublm fan and never gave this album with the new guy a chance. Until recently. Holy fuck. So awesome. So talented. More please.

Support bands. Buy their music.

If this MIXTAPE becomes unavailable for DL, comment here and I’ll re-up if you’re nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment