June 7, 2015

MIXTAPE: Bitchin’ Mixtape Vol.32




Sir, may I have another sir? Yes, yes you may.

Track listing (click for larger view):


Liner Notes:
  • Scatterbrain – MTV video staple of Headbanger’s Ball in 1991-92. The guitarist in this whack band could apparently play each of these “classic” parts live when doing the song.
  • Code O – probably one of the heaviest albums of the past couple years. This song is kinda eerie. Like if this was playing while you were walking through a creepy abandoned house you stumbled onto in the middle of the woods --- you’d shit your pants.
  • Killer B – I wanted to love this album because I adore Max Cavalera. But then I wanted to hate this because I loathe the singer of DEP. But then I heard it and it’s great. Get over yourself Kielbasage.
  • Handsome Jack – this here band is from my neck of the woods. Damn fine work boys. Damn fine.
  • Thrax – I think they play like 5 songs off this album at every concert – but this song is not one of them. Shame. It rules. Song is about John Belushi.
  • Looking For An Answer – look no god damn further. This is the formula for my attention. Rough, yet understandable guttural vocals – heavy – and above all a god damn groove. Is that so fucking hard? Yes it is.
  • Coliseum – I’ve liked some of their past work but this brand new album is so damn strong. This is my favorite song of the bunch.
  • Left Astray – that opening tone with blow right through your bones.
  • RingW – whomever mixed this album dialed it in perfectly. Guitars are there but the bass and drums are set so powerfully – right up front. Then you have a furnace of a human laying down the throat exorcism. Perfect.
  • Mordrd – They weren’t Faith No Mre but they made you think of them. And then you bought the album. At least I did. This was the hook.
  • Tea Party – In Buffalo, a Canadian border city we know this band well. Big time radio play back in the 90s. This song had more of an edge than most. Unique singer; middle eastern overtones. Yep.
  • Sub Rome – I told you. This is the first song on the disc and this one reminds me most of the original Brad version of the band.

Support bands. Buy their music.

If this MIXTAPE becomes unavailable for DL, comment here and I’ll re-up if you’re nice.

__________

No comments:

Post a Comment